Yard of the Month.
The Tishomingo Yard-of-the-Month Contest is sponsored by the Tishomingo Development Team and has been established to recognize the efforts of residents who demonstrate a clear and consistent desire to maintain or improve their residential properties above normal expectations. The TDT Committee would like to give them the recognition they deserve for creating a beautiful, well-kept yard. This is a great way to improve the value of your home and make our city a better place to live.
- The Tishomingo Yard of the Month program is a April-December event. The TDT Committee will accept entries monthly to determine the winner of the TYOM. The entries will be accepted via web form or U. S. mail: P.O. Box 923
- The entries may include pictures of the property (preferred) as well as owner/tenant name, address, phone number, and email. Other residents of the City of Tishomingo also may submit recommendations for the TYOM, notifying the TDT Committee by sending a web form to P.O. Box 923, and indicating the address of the property they think should be considered.
- Forms that do not give a complete address cannot be considered. All entries must be submitted by the fifteenth of the month for a yard to be considered for the following month.
- Winners will be notified at the first of each month. The TYOM TDT Committee will notify the winner either in person or by mail and request to take a photo of the yard to be published in the newsletter and website.
- A “Yard of the Month” sign will be displayed in the winner’s front yard for that month.
- Tishomingo Yard of the Month winners are judged solely on the total exterior appearance of their property and front yard as viewed from the street.
- A property may win Yard of the Month only once a year. Holiday decoration displays will be judged in October and December.
- Any property with an outstanding City Code Enforcement violation will not be eligible for consideration. Any property maintained by a professional lawn care/landscaping provider is not eligible except for routine lawn mowing.